--- Marek Kilimajer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> BLOB is like TEXT

In what way? BLOB is binary large object. Text is ... text. One is
binary, and the other is ASCII. The only similarity I can think of is
that they both represent data. However, the format is completely
different.

Open up a binary file in a text editor, and then do the same with a
regular text file. I think you will notice a significant difference.
Or, consider the representation of 16 in binary versus ASCII:

binary - 10000
ascii - 0011000100110110

As Sterling mentioned, using addslashes() on binary data is a bad
idea. The same can be said for any string operations intended for
ASCII data.

Chris