Your ISP should set it up, if not, I believe there is a class that can comunicate with SMTP server
directly, check www.phpclasses.org

Anthony Ritter wrote:

Hi,
I'm using MS Win 98 and my ISP has PHP installed on a MS server.

I'd like to display a HTML form box on my site for users to type in a
message utilizing the PHP mail() function.

I've tested this using Apache on my drive with a html form and a php script
to receive the data and it works fine - but when the site goes live it will
be hosted with an ISP with a MS server - not Apache.

Is it possible to utilize the PHP mail function under these conditions?

I was led to believe that I could change the configurations in my php.ini
file from:

SMTP: localhost

SMTP: mail.yourisp.com

Greatly appreciate your advice.