From: Jason Wong [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 13 December 2002 10:14
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PHP] Uploading changes via Email

On Friday 13 December 2002 17:17, Roke, Ian wrote:
> Hi there people,
>
> I am currently working on a database front-end for a company database and
> would like to know if it would be possible to email "access.db" to
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" and a script would be run on it to save it over the
> top of the database that is already on the server (and a few little tweaks
> as well) instead of having to manually upload seeing as ftp connections
are
> not allowed.

It is possible to send mail to an email address and have it processed by a
script. It depends on your mailserver, eg with sendmail you can its alias
mechanism, with qmail you can use dot-qmail files.

But I'm not sure how you would process "access.db" assuming that it is a
file
created by MS Access.

/*
Who is W.O. Baker, and why is he saying those terrible things about me?
*/