Best guess, your local server has register_globals on and your ISP
doesn't. However, without seeing your code it's going to be difficult to
tell for sure! :-)

Marco
--
------------
php|architect - The Magazine for PHP Professionals

Check us out on the web at http://www.phparch.com!
--- Begin Message ---
Using MS Win 98 / Apache Server:

I'm trying to test a form box using the php mail() function.

All is well when I fill in the text boxes and hit submit.

I receive the e-mail.

The form action in the html page is:

<FORM ACTION="http://localhost/getform.php";  METHOD="POST">

_Now_

when I copy both of those files which are:

1. The html file for the form box

- I have now changed the form action to read:

<FORM ACTION="http://www.narrowsburg.org/getform.php";  METHOD="POST">

and

2. the .php file for the script

and publish them to my site which is hosted on my ISP's MS Server, and then
input data in the form boxes and hit submit:

I now get the following:
NOTICE: Undefined Variable: name in
d:\inetpub\www.narrowsburg.org\getform.php  in line 7

Then, when I check my e-mail I get a message with no input data from the
variables like the name, e-mail, address, etc.

Thanking all in advance who might help me out.
Tony Ritter