On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:47:44 -0600, Joseph W. Goff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there a difference between PHP versions on your machine and your site?
Have you looked at phpinfo() to see what variables have been set on your
system?

----- Original Message -----
From: "rolf vreijdenberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 3:38 PM
Subject: [PHP] $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] on localhost

hey there,

I include files outside the document root in my site.
include $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."../inc.php" ;

when I use this on the localhost it doesn't find this variable:
$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']

which makes testing more annoying since I have to upload to my site all
the
time.

any ideas on the how and why???
thanks a lot

I run a fairly recent PHP version (4.2+) on my personal machine (IIS on Win2k pro), and it doesn't return a fair number of $_SERVER variables. I just figured it was an IIS issue and worked around it.

--
sasha