Hi,

I've finally got a host and I want to transfer my existing website - I have managed to copy and upload my database (wow that was easy.. had been dreading it!!!!) but now I'm worried that my sessions aren't going to work correctly, as I'm sure there are probably other users with "userID" variables being set and things like that - with it being a shared server, it's obviously a little different to a dedicated one.

Would it be enough to simply set a variable like "mysiteidentifier" and only bother checking for other session variables if that's set? Or, do I need to override the server's session variables each time I start sessions in every page that uses them? I imagine the former would mean that other sites would be able to potentially get my session variables, which isn't great.

Probably very simple, so sorry if it's incredibly dull!

Thanks,

--
Beth Gore
http://bethanoia.dyndns.org