to a new page that displays the success notices etc and if they
do a back or a refresh nothing will happen as the POST data
is on the previous now "removed" from history page.
I understand, but the reason i am trying to stick with just one page is that i want it to be practical. I mean, the moment the user clicks "submit" the page reloads and shows his comment immediately, and give him the functionality of pressing refresh to see if anyone else commented in the meantime.
Also, by using a different page, even with a redirect back to the original, might take a little while, since the original is a bit heavy on the download side. ;-)

Pag