I figured out the problem. magic_quotes_sybase was turned on, on the IIS box.
All is well with stripslashes() again.

Chris Wesley wrote:

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Gerard Samuel wrote:

When trying to apply stripslashes, the slashes remained. So I applied
str_replace('\"', '', $var) and that worked.
Any idea as to why stripslashes would not remove the slashes in the string?

stripslashes() will unescape single-quotes if magic_quotes_runtime = Off
in your php.ini. If you have magic_quotes_runtime = On, then it will also
unescape double-quotes (and backslashes and NULLs).

~Chris

--
Gerard Samuel
http://www.trini0.org:81/