Sean Malloy wrote:
Keep in mind the "Works out of the box with no changes to your server" requires the use of the function dl()

Good point - had forgotten that may have issues for some people.

However - in our case we've used 'protected' versions only for demos,
which people generally aren't running on production machines, but local development environments, so issues of crashing or 'safe_mode' and
other issues have usually been of limited concern. But it is a good
point nonetheless, and isn't just a strike against SG, but ioncube as well should the user not be able to edit the php.ini file.

according to the PHP docs;
dl() is not supported in multithreaded Web servers. Use the extensions statement in your php.ini when operating under such an environment. However, the CGI and CLI build are not affected !