Hi Jordan,

If you are doing this to learn PHP, that is great, keep plugging.  If you
want to see working examples of the things you've described, there are a
number of scripts out there, both in pear (pear.php.net) and at other
repositories like phpbuilder.com and phpclasses.org.  You would benefit from
examining how other authors have solved the same problems even if you are
simply trying to learn php

Take care,
Greg
--
phpDocumentor
http://www.phpdoc.org

"Jordan Elver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > I'd recommend you make a separate database class and error class that
each
> > of your other classes access. That would make it the most modular and
> > re-usable.
> >
> > ---John Holmes...
>
> I was hoping someone would say that :)
> How could I code that though. I've only just started with OOP and don't
> understand how I can inherit methods to classes? Is it a good idea to
create
> a new object within each class which, for example, needs to do database
stuff
> or should I inherit the methods?
>
> I haven't found any clear examples of this kind of OOP, only the real
basics
> (which I still need help with by the way :) ).
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Jord
> --
> Jordan Elver
> Is your work done? Are all pigs fed, watered and ready to fly?.... --
David