Hey all.

I'm a recent PHP convert (coming from Cold Fusion)..........

Here's the deal:

    I've got a table that contains hockey game result info; for each goal
scored I record the goal scorer ID (i.e. their Jersey Number), and assist1
and assist2 IDs if applicable.  When I output the game box score I join in
the roster and team tables (to get the team name and player names).

In Cold Fusion I was able to group a goal info set on the time of goal (each
goal returns from 1 to 3 rows depending on the number of players who
contributed to the goal); then, in Cold Fusion I could use it's output
function to display the goal info set as one row.

For example, if three players were in on a goal, the output would look
something like:

Team Name-- goal scorer name (assist1 name, assist2 name) -- Time of goal --
Goal type.

Since each goal can, and usualy does, have more than one participant, the
scoring table will be returning more than one row for each goal scored --
how can I combine these rows into one PHP output row?

If you need more info, let me know.

Thanks for any ideas,

--Noah