Hello Everyone,

I am a little confused. Why do predefined variables like $PHP_SELF or
$DOCUMENT_ROOT not process within a class, in the methods secifically. For
example:

<?php
class someClass {

   function someFunction () {
        $root = $DOCUMENT_ROOT;
        return $root;
   }

   function someFunction2 () {
        $path = $this->someFunction() . $PHP_SELF;
        return $path;
?>

I just threw this together to give you an example of how I might be using
these two predefined variables in a class. The problem is that
$DOCUMENT_ROOT or $PHP_SELF won't parse or something. It just returns blank.

It is included in another page when needed, say somePage.php. Shouldn't
$PHP_SELF recognize the somePage.php as the current running script file, as
opposed to the class file where these two functions are called? If it
doesn't work that way then how do I do this without sending predefined
variable parameters to these functions?

Please note that register globals is on. I could not find any documentation
on this on php.net. Maybe someone can give me a hint of point it out for me
on the documentation. Thanks.