doubleval

doubleval -- Alias of floatval() <http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.floatval.php>

Description

This function is an alias of floatval() <http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.floatval.php>.

Note: This alias is a left-over from a function-renaming. In older
versions of PHP you'll need to use this alias of the floatval()
<http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.floatval.php> function,
because floatval()
<http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.floatval.php> wasn't yet
available in that version.

Scott Fletcher wrote:

Double and Float are not exactly the same thing.

Double is ---> 11.123
Float is ------> .00238823993

"Leif K-Brooks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

No, it's floatval. Doubleval is an alias left over from hwen floats
were called doubles...

Scott Fletcher wrote:

Whoop! FOund it, it is doubleval()...

What does settype() do exactly????

"Scott Fletcher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

I do know that integer, string, double, float, etc.... are different..

have been using hte appropriate method like in javascript and c

programming,

like converting it to integer and so on.... But when I start using PHP,

find no such document of it and I have been using it for 3 years without

problem. I asked people is there such a thing as converting it by using

the

function and they told me there is no such a thing and that it is done
automatically... Now my time is a little bit wasted. So, I will

correct

the problem with the php script...

I recently looked up on the manual as Jason Wong instructed me to. I
havne't found the answer since the document is a little bit mixed up.

Okay, I'm going back to my old way as I did in javascript and c

programming.

So for php, it would be

floatval() for float...
strval() for string....
settype() for whatever......
intval() for integer....

Um, what about double???

Thanks,
Scott F.

"Chris Hayes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

Re: [PHP] Found a PHP bug!!!!!!!!!

uh oh...

I don't see why a string wouldn't work when I use "08" (string) and

match

it

against the integer 8, or 08.

They're just different types. Normally PHP is veeery flexible with
types, like javascript, but it just can't be flexible for you here

because

it needs to choose the most logic to the entire pool of programmers,

and

then

"08" = a string
8 = a decimal integer
08 = by definition an impossible octal integer, so 0.

Since you cannot tell PHP that $var is of a certain type like in

[other]

programming languages, for example you want it to be treated as an

integer,

PHP will handle it as what seems to be the most logic.

You can try to use intval (does not alter a variable, only the value as

it

is used in a calculation or an if() statement) or settype (alters the
variable).

"Kirk Johnson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
B11731D518B5D61183C700A0C98BE0D9FFBE5D@chef">news:B11731D518B5D61183C700A0C98BE0D9FFBE5D@chef...