On a major level, create or use a large CMS (content management system), and
use the information you have in the databases / file system to establish
what's new, modified, etc.

On a smaller level, you could check which files have been updated in X days
(I think) with PHP, and display them as a list, which some selective
listing.

On a pain-in-the-ass level, you could maintain a HTML page with links on it
to things you've recently updated, and maintain it manually.

If you're talking about *another site* (not yours), it would be even harder.

Justin