acleave wrote:

My Questions:
If I create a cookie with set_cookie how do I read it/check it?

$_COOKIE superglobal array.

How do I use sessions if they can't be sent in the code?

The session_start function has to be at the VERY top of the of the code, below ANY output (even blank spaces and new lines).

What use are sessions if I can only mess with them in one place? What if I need to do some processing first to decide what to do with them?

You can use them anywhere in your code, but the session_start function has to be before any output (the rest can be anywhere).
--

The above message is encrypted with double rot13 encoding. Any unauthorized attempt to decrypt it will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.