On Wednesday 12 February 2003 03:19, Scott Fletcher wrote:

> The send mail on Unix is too basic, not like MS-Exchange...  I need things
> like file attachment, Bcc, cc, etc....

I think you're missing the point somewhere. sendmail (in fact any MTA) will do
all that.

> Also, it is too slow because the
> machine have problem with DNS while many Windows doesn't have this problem.

That machine is probably misconfigured.

If you're looking for performance then, all things being equal (same machine,
same network connectivity), you're more likely to get that with a un*x system
than a Windows system.

In any case pumping mail through another machine (ie using SMTP) is always
slower than calling sendmail directly.