"Greg Donald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, joe wrote:
>
> >i searched and i tried and i failed. most of the functions dont work in
safe
> >mode, some didnt do what i wanted (returned the whole drive size instead
of
> >one directroy) etc.
> >my head hurts already and i think i am on the verge on nervous breakdown
> >because i have been trying to solve this problem for days.... so could
> >somebody please drop me a function here?
> >thank you...
>
> Most people who write code for other people on request are compensated in
> one form or another.  This is a listserv, I doubt anyone here will do
> your work for you for free.  This is place where people get _assistance_
> with code they already attempted to write themselves.  If you tried and
> failed already like you say, post your broken code and people will help
> you figure out your errors.  That's pretty much how it works.
>
> Also, what you ask may simply not be possible in safe mode, but there's no
> way to tell since you posted no code.
>

> --
> Greg Donald
> http://destiney.com

whan can i say... i dont have any broken code because im missing the MAIN
ingredient. The right command. For instance i tried disk_total_space(). You
can mark the right folder in that command but somehow it STILL shows the
total size of the hard drive. seriously, i dont have 3.9 gigabytes of files
in my directory.
then i tried something like this:
$quota="100"; // max MB

function obsah($adr,&$total,&$dir,&$size){
$dp=OpenDir($adr);

 do{
   $itm=ReadDir($dp);
   if (Is_Dir("$adr/$itm")&&($itm!=".")&&($itm!="..")&&($itm!="")){
    obsah("$adr/$itm",$total,$dir,$size);
     $dir++;
 }
   elseif (($itm!=".")&&($itm!="..")&&($itm!="")){
    $size=$size+FileSize("$adr/$itm");
     $total++;
  }
 } while ($itm!=false);

CloseDir($dp);
}

obsah(".",$total,$dir,$size);
$freeA=BcDIV($size,1024*1024,2);
$freeB=$quota-$freeA;

echo "<CENTER><FONT FACE=arial SIZE=2>
Engaged place: <B>$freeA</B> MB
Free place: <B>$freeB</B> MB
<B>$total</B> files in <B>$dir</B> dirs
</FONT></CENTER>";

but OpenDir() is not allowed in safe mode so that doesnt work....
i dont know what to do anymore. just lead me to the right command please. i
dont even care if it doesnt read the subdirectories....