From: "Janyne Kizer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Rick Emery" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 9:31 AM
Subject: Re: [PHP] Problem creating array from MySql query

Thanks for taking a look at this.

<?php

     mysql_connect (wwww, xxxx, yyyy);
     mysql_select_db (zzzz);
     $result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM clubs WHERE id=$id");
     $row = mysql_fetch_array($result);

     print "Reading affiliations...";
     $affiliation_result = mysql_query("SELECT affiliation FROM
club_affiliations WHERE club_id=$id");

     print "Building array...";
     $affiliations = array();

     print "Populating array...";
     //place affiliation data into an array that we can search later
     while($affiliation_row = mysql_fetch_array($affiliation_result)) {
          print $affiliation_row["affiliation"];
          $affiliations[] = $affiliation_row["affiliation"];
     }  //while

     print "Dumping array...";
     $count = count($affiliations);
     print "Affiliations:";
     for ($i=0;i<$count;$i++) {
          print $affiliations[$i];
     }
?>

It does print the affiliations in "print
$affiliation_row["affiliation"];" and it works properly (except for
getting the affiliations field) if the line "$affiliations[] =
$affiliation_row["affiliation"];" is commented out.

--
Janyne Kizer
CNE-3, CNE-4, CNE-5