Scott,

SM> can you list the conditions in pseudocode where you want to change a
SM> lower-case character to an uppercase character?

This is part of the problem. There are a lot of complex rules in
different cultures with many exceptions- and I can't find them
documented anywhere. Even once you have gathered them, coding them is
non-trivial. One of the Perl solutions uses a full-scale token based
parser. The other is less resource intensive, but a bit less accurate.

Does anyone know how to get the source code out of Cpan? I can only
get at a bytecode version. It shouldn't be too hard to port to PHP, I
guess, if no-one has done it already.

Geoff Caplan
Advantae Ltd