On Friday 28 February 2003 23:28, Jim Long wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to make the flag "sort_numeric" work?
> Will it work with asort?
>
> asort ($numeric_array, SORT_NUMERIC);
> I've tried this but it looks like it's having problems with the comma in
> big numbers.

What comma in big numbers? Numbers aren't supposed to have commas. If it has a
comma it's a string.

> I'm not absolutely sure, but it looks like it's ignoring everything
> after a comma when it sorts.

Snippet from the manual "The value is given by the initial portion of the
string. If the string starts with valid numeric data, this will be the value
used.". As a comma is not valid numeric data, it and everything after, will
be ignored.

/*
"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God but to
 create him."
 -Arthur C. Clarke
*/