Question #40049 on phpns changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/phpns/+question/40049

alecwh proposed the following answer:
There are some serious issues with phpns and Internet Explorer (6 and 7)
such as the category bug. Kyle and I have decided that we will not fix
these issues, because we are currently in post-development. I recommend
you just use Firefox 2 or 3.

You may be able to fix it yourself; feel free to try. The template files
(and CSS file) are going to be files to work with, but also,
inc/function.php has a lot of HTML that you may need to work with.

Good luck!

Phpns-team, which is an answer contact for phpns.