Hello...

I have just put up a call for a new project admin on the SourceForge
project page -- and so I though the new admin might want something to
play with...

I have had this code lying around since the start of 2006(!) but I never
finished or published it. The code uses this new (back then) web 2.0
technique where the fetches data asynchronously using JavaScript -- also
known as AJAX.

The idea is that you use term.html to view the output from shell.php.
The term.html page uses phpshell.js to send commands and receive outputs
From shell.php. Very simple stuff...

The interesting part is that term.html and shell.php can share a secret
AES key which is used to encrypt the traffic between them. The
encryption is done in the browser using JavaScript and on the server
using PHP. This means that nothing is sent in cleartext!

So please checkout the code -- you will have to update "example.net..."
in phpshell.js to point to your server. Also, the code does not execute
anything yet, it simply sends encrypted messages back and forth.

I hope this is useful to somebody. Let me know if you would like to
continue the development of PHP Shell.

Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multi-Party Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.