On 26 Feb, 00:54, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm working with a medium sized telco in Australia to reimplement
> their CRM. First thing we're doing is to turn all their core services
> into SOAP exposed services.
>
> SOAP headers would make our life a lot easier. I've read the
> documentation and had a quick look at the source code - but it seems
> as though there's no way to do this.
>
> Is there technical limitations as to why this isn't implemented? We
> have a few developers here, and if it's not too difficult to implement
> we may be ale to allocate resources to implementing it.
>
> Great work, by the way.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kieran

Hi Kieran and thanks:-)

Do you mean you want to be able to set the SOAP hearders that are sent
with a SOAP request?  Looking at the AVOCET branch in CVS it seems
Graham Charters has had this problem as a method was added to allow
SOAP headers to be set. If you look in the branch at file SCA/Bindings/
ws/Proxy.php there is a new method.

public function __setSoapHeader($header_sdo, $ns, $name) {

I don't see any examples of how to use it though so maybe Graham will
comment with some detail on the ins and outs of the change.

If you want to read the SOAP headers in a service then I'm not sure
how you go about it at present. There is no technical reason why we
shouldn't allow access to the headers but we would have to add an API
to retireve the information for a call.

Thanks for the offer of help it's very welcome. Lets discuss your
exact requirements here then we can work out how we implement it.

Regards

Simon