On 23 Apr, 15:49, cem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Simon, not sure what you're intending here. You're actually describing
> the process for building on Windows, which I doubt would be the
> default for most users, because it is so much more complicated than
> building on *IX. Are you also intending to describe the normal
> phpize;./configure;make process or will you retitle this "building for
> Windows"?
>
> <picky>The extension is not called SCA_SDO, it's just sdo.</picky>
>
> <extra_picky>It's not a PECL extension it's a PHP extension. PECL is a
> repository and a packaging mechanism.</extra_picky>

Hi Caroline. Yes. I intended to describe the process for building the
extension on windows. This was in response to a request for this
information on the mailing list. I agree that not many people will
want to do this but if we at least record is somewhere then that may
help those who do want to do it, e.g. me when I forget a stage.

You are right I should have added "on Windows" to the end of the
title. I only intended to document the complexities of the process on
windows. We could repeat the *nix build instructions but I think that
our documentation covers that already. I would go and fix it but the
page is locked by Matthew just at the moment. Maybe he's making it
readable ;-)

<snip>
<picky>The extension is not called SCA_SDO, it's just sdo.</picky>
</snip>
When I look at our package page [1] it's titled SCA_SDO although the
loaded package and the cvs repository directory where our code lives
still refer to it as sdo. So I think SCA_SDO is a valid name for it.

<snip>
<extra_picky>It's not a PECL extension it's a PHP extension. PECL is a
repository and a packaging mechanism.</extra_picky>
</snip>
It's a fair cop.

[1] http://pecl.php.net/package/sca_sdo