On 26 Apr, 14:15, Jack Zai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yesterday, I finally got some SCA PHP examples running.  Be honest, it
> really was more complicated than what I expected, and here is some
> experience.
>
> The first thing to do was to get a copy of the PHP source, and also
> SDO_SCA source from the BUZZARD branch. It was easily done by issuing
> commands as described in [3]. but the command I used for checking out
> sdo_sca was slightly different from Simon's page above:
>   cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/repository checkout -r BUZZARD /
> pecl/sdo
>
> Before starting building php source, be sure you have everything you
> need. Here, you have to carefully read the section called "Putting it
> all together" in [2], there is some extra steps if you don't have
> cygwin.
>
> Also, you have built all needed libraries. I wasn't sure which one or
> ones I needed, but the compiler kept prompting error messages. So I
> decide to go get all the three libraries Simon had mentioned above.
> libxml2 and libcurl can be easily found, just follow the link
> "download area" from referenced page [5]. Note that you may have to
> copy libxml2.dll file, which can be in the libxml2-x.x.x.win32\bin
> directory, into libxml2-x.x.x.win32\lib directory, otherwise during
> the build process, you will get an error message "unresolved external
> symbol _xmlDllMain referenced in ......" If you need libcurl, google it.
> If you want to make life easier, download the packages with the same
> prefix name as Simon used. For example I found out that if I was using
> libxml2-2.6.26.threads.zip, libxml2.dll would be there, in the lib
> directory as it was expected.
>
> Then, everything is ready for building sdo_sca and php source. I built
> them together in one go, because I thought it was not necessary to
> build php first and then sdo_sca, also the complier didn't let me to
> build php source without those libraries in default configuration.
> Before configuring, you have to make sure all environment variables is
> set correctly, (e.g. the system can find you complier (including bison
> and flex) somewhere in your path list). I used similar configure line
> as Simon. I suggest you to write you a batch file for setting the
> environment and issuing the configure line, it'll save you time when
> the next time you want to build it again.
>
> Finally, time to try out some examples. If something goes wrong, or
> even you are not sure what the expected results looks like, you can
> always check out the error logs of your application server. For apache
> server error.log can be found in the directory named "logs" under the
> directory where you apache server is installed. The following problems
> were encountered:
>
> 1. The examples must be run from correct directories. I thought i just
> needed SCA examples, so I copied those SCA examples directly into
> htdocs (my apache web-root directory). That didn't work, I checked
> [...]
Well done Jack and thanks for the notes on how you found your way
thorugh this. I've added the fix for the incorrect cvs line to the new
build page up on google groups.

I'll fix the problem you found in the JSON-RPC sample.

We should probably include your advice up on the build pages. I think
you should be able to edit it so feel free to go in and add what you
think is appropriate.

Thanks