On 24 Apr, 22:22, cem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One of our long-running bugs ishttp://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=8428,
> where a remote WSDL depends for its type definitions on an import like
> so:
>
> <types>
> <xsd:schema targetNamespace="urn:UrbanSearch">
> <xsd:import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
>
> The unfortunate thing about this import is that it are missing a
> schemaLocation attribute. As it stands, SCA::getService('http://
> api.urbandictionary.com/soap?wsdl'); fails with
>
> SDO_Exception in setWSDLTypes : Type not found :http://
> schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/ Array
>
> but if you fix up the WSDL by hand to add the schemaLocation to the
> import, then the type is found OK.
>
> We did raise a Tuscany defect about
> this:http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-625,
> but the proposed fix was backed out because it caused other problems.
>
> The Soap client can handle this without barfing:
> <?php
> $client = new SoapClient('http://api.urbandictionary.com/soap?wsdl');
> print_r($client->get_daily_definition());
> ?>
>
> but I think that's because it doesn't really care about the types?
>
> Does anyone see any other way of handling this than (a) accepting that
> the WSDL is broken, or (b) leaning on Tuscany to enable using the
> namespaceURI as a hint for the location of the schema? For example,
> would it be outrageous for the XML DAS which SCA uses for the WSDL to
> add the SOAP-ENC types?
Well it seems to be a valid XML in the WSDL types section so It would
be interesting to know where this is actually going wrong. The xml
schema import processing should be following a process (loosely)
defined in section 4.3.2 of the xml schema spec [1]. So here, is it
the case that the import is being processed by libxml2 and not being
translated into SDO types successfully or is it the case that the
import is not being picked up at all?

Simon

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xmlschema-1-20010502/