On 25 Apr, 07:49, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On 24 Apr, 22:22, cem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > One of our long-running bugs ishttp://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=8428,
> > where a remote WSDL depends for its type definitions on an import like
> > so:
>
> > <types>
> > <xsd:schema targetNamespace="urn:UrbanSearch">
> > <xsd:import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
>
> Well it seems to be a valid XML in the WSDL types section so It would
> be interesting to know where this is actually going wrong. The xml
> schema import processing should be following a process (loosely)
> defined in section 4.3.2 of the xml schema spec [1]. So here, is it
> the case that the import is being processed by libxml2 and not being
> translated into SDO types successfully or is it the case that the
> import is not being picked up at all?

libxml2 is not honouring the import, but it's not bothered as I don't
think it is being asked to validate the schema, only that it is well-
formed (which it is). Then Tuscany also processes the import during
its defineTypes() processing - it also does not honour the import but
that leaves it with unresolved types.

Anyway, I've subsequently found (by reading the code) that an unknown
Tuscany developer did actually put the fix back in as optional
behaviour but didn't update the defect to say so. So everything is
rosy in the xml schema garden.