Graham

I like both of these suggestions and think they both have a place in
the runtime.

We should have a separation between Business and System exceptions. We
expect the calling component to care about Business exceptions as the
problem is likely to be their fault. They should be phrased in
business terns and I wouldn't expect that a stack trace is required or
even useful. If you tell me the number I entered is out of range I
don't care which class trapped the problem.

They care about System exceptions too but they can't do anything about
it so much less detail is required in response. Some note that it has
happened and an indication whether it's terminal or trying again might
succeed. Contact details may also be useful.  Again a stack trace is
not required but the exception mush be logged with full info so the
admin can fix it.

Bindings give us some flexibility to control levels of detail but I
think in the majority of cases the level of detail will be low (in
terms of stack traces). Not sure we should look to binding.sca as a
control point on this as in the full SCA world binding.sca can work
remotely too. It's possible that the default php binding would provide
more info but not sure it's worth the effort of making an exceptional
case.

My 2c

Simon