>From what I've read and what little I've been able to get working of
the examples that come with the SCA_SDO extension, this project has
great promise, but it seems that the community and documentation are
huge week spots.

I'd love to participate in creating examples and improving the
community. Is this project still alive and well? Is it still under
active development?

The RESTResource and Atom bindings are of particular interest to me.
However, I'm not able to get the Atom ones running due to lack of SQL
for the contacts database--which, since I can't find it anywhere, I'll
likely fake.

I'd love to really give this extension a work out as I'm considering
using it as a core component in some applications I'm (re)writing.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.