I think it is better to get new developers with new programming logic to use
PHPTAL. Then you will have more strong and professional community. Smarty
must go to the syncope together with its old-type programmers.

As for me - I never used Smarty because I found it ugly and stupid the first
time I opened their "features list".

Anton