I'm using PHPTAL integrated with Kohana Frameworka (instead of default View class).

In Kohana there is an Object Relational Mapping (ORM) - models of each table in our database. It works like this:

$team = ORM::factory('team', 1) // it loads team with id = 1 from a database
$players = $team->players // it get all players from players table with team_id = 1

Now, when I set team object in phptal:

$tal->team = $team;

In templates team/players doesn't works, but php:team.players works.

When I call players from team object before set it in phptal:

$tal->team = $team;

team/players works in templates... Why it doesn't works without calling previously $team->players?