well, yes, "don't do it" is one approach but we will have a large number of
people with the ability to edit these templates and we intended them to be
pretty idiot-proof (which allowing embedded php is not).

A pre-filter sounds like a good idea.

TBH, we were rather surprised because what's the point in the php:
functionality if you can just embed php?

Robert
----
Robert Goldsmith
rgoldsm...@names.co.uk