On Tue, 03 Sep 2013 22:27:56 +0100, Chris Young <chris.wisef...@gmail.com> wrote:

*Invalid TALES path: 'structure /some/path', expected 'structure
/some/path' to be variable name*
Is there something simple I'm missing? I understand I *could* do:

and change the function accordingly, which isn't really that bad, but I'm
curious as to if my original idea should work?

Bas is right, phptal_tales expects paths, but not the structure keyword.

What you get from phptal_tales is unescaped data - equivalent of "structure" already. It's just that complete result of all modifiers is going to be escaped afterwards.

I see what you're trying to do, and some ability do disable escaping from within modifiers would be useful, but unfortunately there's no API for it currently.