Fred Wunderlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi Martin,
> Just for grins, I installed phpweather-1.9 on a box running php
> 3.0.16.
> Index.php errors with:
> Parse error: parse error in base_object.php on line 35
> It doesn't seem to like:
> ($input = array())

So theres problem... It does say that array() is really a
language-construct and not a normal function in the manual. Perhaps
this is why they wrote that notice :-)

Do you also get this error if you make a normal function, like this:

function test($array = array()) {
  return count($array);

If so, then perhaps we should just make the argument mandatory?

> Hope that helps.

If this is the error that is preventing phpweather from running on
boxes with php3, then it's been a great help!
> -fred

Best regards,
Martin Geisler

Checkout for:
PHP Weather => Shows the current weather on your webpages.
PHP Shell   => A telnet-connection (almost :-) in a PHP page.