Fred Wunderlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> At 8:37 PM +0100 3/13/01, Martin Geisler wrote:
> >
> >Okay - how about the new version beta-1.9.1, is it any better?
> >

> Well, I guess it all depends on how you define "better". ;)
>
> Unfortunately,  in_array() (in locale_common.php) is not supported in PHP
> 3+. I've run into this a lot.

Sorry about that, I should have know better. If you place this code in
a file, and then include it before the rest of the files, then I think
it should work:

<?php

function in_array($needle, $haystack) {
  if (!is_array($haystack)) {
    return false;
  }

  while (list($key, $val) = each($haystack)) {
    if ($val == $needle) {
      return true;
    }
  }
  return false;
}

?>

I think we should make a file with functions like this, so that people
who are using PHP3 could include it to get access to the new function
in PHP4.

--
Best regards,
Martin Geisler

Checkout http://www.gimpster.com for:
PHP Weather => Shows the current weather on your webpages.
PHP Shell   => A telnet-connection (almost :-) in a PHP page.