Well, mine is working. And the reason why is this code (which you will find
commented out in the default scripts):

   * <?php
   * include('phpweather.inc');
   * register_shutdown_function('update_metars_db');
   * ?>

I ran into the same problem a couple of months ago. Martin (who I am sure will be
replying to your comments with more accurate information) indicated I should add the
above code at the end of my script. The result is that your script will check for new
weather *after* a page is loaded, so as not to delay the loading of the rest of the
page. It works well. The result is that you get a quick blank spot where your results
shold be on the web page rather than a slooooow blank spot.

--
Grant Barrett
New York loves you back.