We are proud to present the first release candidate of PhpWebGallery
1.6.0. This is not a final stable version.
The main changes since version 1.5 are:
- separation between template/theme which facilitates user customization
- visitors can choose the order used for thumbnails display
- anonymous rating: visitors that are not connected can rate pictures now
- the rate manager allows (via the administration panel) the display of
rating details for each picture (who, when, ...)
- chronological thumbnails display for any set of images (the whole
gallery, best rated, results of a search, ...). It comes with a
completely redesigned interface that allows the display as a real
monthly calendar among other things.
- quick association of all pictures in a category to a new virtual
category (one action for category creation and association)
- new "generic" user status with restricted permissions (no password
change allowed for the user or display preference changes). For
example you can define a generic user "family".
- new nice URL system. category.php?cat=most_visited&start=23 becomes
index/most_visited/start-23 (when the right configuration options are
activated). It's nicer and better for search engine indexing.
- notification by mail controlled by the administrator. Notification by
RSS feed is obviously usable only for a minority, so a new interface
was build to subscribe and notify users of what's new in your gallery.
- tags navigation. New use of keywords. In the tag cloud, each tag has a
weight depending on the number of images linked to it. When viewing a
given tag, a cloud of linked tags is displayed, letting you reduce the
number of corresponding items.
- MOD subcatify was integrated. On the main page, thumbnails
representing a category are displayed a different way than thumbnails
representing a photograph. To avoid a too deep gap with previous
branch, you can switch to the old display.
You understand we have many new features :-) and development team needs
you to have a release 1.6.0 very stable. Release 1.6.0RC1 is available
in the download area .
Thank you for using the bug tracker  for bug reports. General
feedbacks are welcomed in separated topics of the forum dedicated
Pierrick LE GALL <http://phpwebgallery.net>
Phpwebgallery-announce mailing list