I guess or hope that this can help you. Maybe it is not so well programmed
but it works ...

This is a interactive driver list. I programmed it to make our weekly trip
to the Underwater Rugby pracise more easy to organize.
For this it works very well. The data is saved to a xml file but also uses
the template to show the new form (which depends on the template).

Sorry that it is in german but maybe you check http://dict.le.org to get
some translations.

Just a short decription:

- You can sign in as driver (then a car-form with the amount of seats (as
form fields) is created)
- or you sign in as someone who likes to join a ride - then you are taken
into a waiting list

- persons from the waiting list can then get assigned to a car

Bugs:
I do not handle special chars jet - maybe some one can help me? E.g. the
input of a ' returns an error.
I tried htmlentities() but it does not work because it is not usefull in
forms and xml can not handle entities without defining ...