Comment #7 on issue 74 by allain.lalonde: Memory leak with
PSwingRepaintManager

Although I think the memory leak identified above is a problem.

It's not the only one.  Turns out that the memory leak exists in PCanvas,
not just
PSwingCanvas.  By looking through a heap dump, I've found that the culprit
is the call
to installInputSources() in PCanvas' constructor.  If you call
setEnabled(false) before
removing the canvases from the example, the finalizers get called.  I'll
update the
example to confirm.