Comment #9 on issue 120 by dave.jarvis: ant all fails to build all of
piccolo

http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks ;-)

The rhetoric isn't anti-IDE. It's anti-specific-IDE. IDEs are a great
productivity
boon, and have been since the early days of Borland. Part of the
documentation I read
implied that working on Piccolo2D required Eclipse. I may have misread. I
may have
been hasty, as it did not compile with ant (unlike so many other libraries
I was
researching).

Good luck with Piccolo2D!