Welcome! Just a few things to note about our development process,
which may or may not be described on the wiki somewhere:
- Try to commit work against some open issue. We're all guilty of
not following this sometimes, especially for e.g. checkstyle-related
- When you create a new Issue, leave it as New and without an owner
for a little while to allow for comment before assigning it to
yourself, moving it to Accepted, assigning a Milestone, etc.
- Include the Issue # in your svn commit message, e.g.
$ svn commit -m "Issue 123 ; fixed blah blah..."
- Include the Revision # (either "revision 123" or "r123") as a
comment in the Issue when you commit a fix against an issue. This
allows a reviewer to quickly find the diff and start the code review
process if necessary. I usually just cut n' paste the svn commit
command that gives you the "Committed revision 123" note at the
- Fixed issues should be moved to Verified by either the original
submitter or a developer other than the committer of the fix.
- Revolutionary changes should happen on a branch first.
- We don't vote on things very often, it's more proceed until veto.
I'm sure the other devs will chime in if I missed or mis-represented
On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM, cmal...@pixelzoom.com
> Thanks Sam, glad to be aboard, looking for to more Piccolo use and
> If anyone is interested in my background, see www.pixelzoom.com. My
> company is named PixelZoom, after the overloaded and misunderstood
> OpenGL function, which is how I often feel ;-)
> On Oct 30, 6:13 pm, Samuel Robert Reid <re...@colorado.edu> wrote:
>> I'd like to introduce our newest team member, Chris Malley. I've been
>> working with him for over 5 years now on piccolo-based science eduction
>> projects athttp://phet.colorado.edu/, and he's provided several key bug
>> reports and patches for Piccolo. He also has an excellent sense of user
>> interface design, and a great understanding of Piccolo's API and
>> implementation. So welcome aboard, Chris!
>> Sam Reid
Piccolo2D Developers Group: http://groups.google.com/group/piccolo2d-dev?hl=en