Comment #1 on issue 191 by allain.lalonde: Disabling FRACTIONAL_METRICS on Windows yields incorrect bounds for text PSwing components

The solution you gave seems to be the way to go about it.

Best case scenario is to have the fractional metrics enabled across the board and this gets us far closer to that. Even though it's obviously going against the very nature of cross platform Java code, working is working.

Only gotcha there I think is that it would disable it for all mac platforms. Are we sure that there are no mac machines for which fractional metrics doesn't introduce an ellipsis?