Jeffrey Guenther wrote:

> Sorry, I don't follow. What are you referring to with the top level
> containers?

POffscreenCanvas renders to an offscreen BufferedImage.

PSWTCanvas is a SWT component (

Piccolo2D for Processing library uses POffscreenCanvas to integrate
with Processing (

The Android port (which may or may not be public at the moment and
with which I honestly don't have much experience) probably uses an
Activity (

None of these use Swing, so it wouldn't make much sense to have PNode
(or any other part of the scene graph) be a JComponent.

PCanvas is a top level container that extends JComponent.  PSwing is a
PNode that contains a JComponent, but that JComponent is not rooted
with the component hierarchy that PCanvas is contained in.

Piccolo2D Developers Group: