Hello Andrei,

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 01:15:13PM +0300, Andrei Ivushkin wrote:
> Dear Alexander,
> Please explain GPL license of PicoLisp and possibility for using it in
> commercial applications.
> Thank you.
> Please explain GPL license of PicoLisp and possibility for using it in
> commercial applications.

Hmm, I'm not a lawyer, so I'm probably not the right person to ask.

However, as far as I know, the GPL states that you can use the software
without problems in commercial applications, as long as you supply the
sources, plus the sources of your own extensions.

As PicoLisp is an interpreted system, you will need to supply only the
PicoLisp sources (which are available anyway), But any application code
you write will not be linked with the interpreter, and hence is not an
extension of the system. Thus, you don't have to publish your
application code.

I CC this mail to the PicoLisp mailing list. Perhaps somebody can
correct me.