Hi Edwin, there's information on how to do this in several places, to
begin with the history of the mailing list if you search for perhaps
"remote database", "external database" or "ext functionality".

In the reference you have:

A simpler setup that is using (id): http://picolisp.com/5000/-2-I.html

There are more but that's what I could think of at the moment.

Henrik Sarvell