Hi,

I got a little surprised when I discovered that property manipulations on a "local" symbol, e.g. inside a 'let' block, had "global" effects, like in this example:

: (prog (setq S 1) (put 'S 'p 2) (let S 3 (put 'S 'p 4)) (show 'S))
S 1
   p 4
-> S

I understand this is probably the way it's supposed to be, but I wasn't prepared. I have very little knowledge about other Lisps, so I don't know whether properties is a common concept in other Lisps, or how properties are used. I only know PicoLisp uses properties in OO matters. Can this global nature of properties ever represent a problem when working with Classes and Objects in PicoLisp?

/Jon