replying to myself...

re-reading the reference, transient symbols are also used for some
scope stuff. i want to find out the specifics of this if its written
anywhere, please point me to it. (btw, Alex, the documentation is
great. i'm still on the learning curve).

"The interpreter recognizes external symbols internally by an
additional tag bit in the tail structure. ". where is the tag bit
implemented? in the C interpreter or picolisp?

Ana

--
http://nybl.info