On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 09:28:23AM +0100, dexen deVries wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 of February 2012 14:45:00 you wrote:
> > Could it be that they come with new default settings/behavior making
> > them simply reject sites using self signed certs?
>
> There are two problems at once:
> 1) the cert is self-signed, but you can add exception for it and that's OK
> 2) the cert only covers *.7fach.de domains. So `app.7fach.de' is covered, but
> bare `7fach.de' is not, and neither is `wiki.picolisp.com'

Now Thorsten and I made an experiment. I 'strace'd 'httpGate' while he
tried to connect.

What I could see was that 'httpGate' does an accept() on the connection,
but nothing else.

So this means, that the certificate isn't sent at all!

The problem must be somewhere with the OpenSSL library or how it is
called by 'httpGate'.