Thorsten Jolitz <tjol...@googlemail.com>
writes:

> 2. I asked about using the meta-key and received the following answer:
>
>    ,--------------------------------------------------------------------
>    | I would just hardcode M-x == <Esc>x (the sequence of two characters
>    | \033 and x). This way, even if the terminal doesn't support that
>    | mode, the user can still type Esc, x in sequence.
>    `--------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>   Now that works :
>
>   ,------------------------------------
>   | ("^[" (and (key 500)
>   |       (case @
>   |          ("f" (rWord))
>   |          ("b" (lWord))
>   |          ("d" (doUndo) (delWord T)) ...
>   `------------------------------------
>
>   but in my case only when I type  Esc, f in sequence (e.g.). M-f
>   doesn't work, unfortunately.

Further testing revealed that the M-<key>bindings actually work on a
console, what is good news. So there is now a working Emacs-version of
the PicoLisp commandline that can be improved and extended.

The main flaw is that characters insert at prompt, not after it. That
fixed, epil would be almost usable.

And the M-<key>bindings don't work in an xterm, at least in my case, but
thats maybe only a xterm configuration issue?

M-f inserts æ
M-b inserts â
M-d inserts ä

instead of calling the associated PicoLisp functions.

--
cheers,
Thorsten