Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> writes:

Hi Alex,

>> > The ':' shouldn't conflict. You can find that out (after 'load'ing all
>> > relevant files in debug mode) with
>> >
>> >    : (what ":@")
>> >    -> (: ::)
>
> BTW, will there be any conflict at all?
>
> An internal symbol pre se will never conflict. It is its binding (value
> or function definition) or properties that may conflict.
>
> As I understand it, those :keywords have no special value bindings (?)

Hmm ... they come along as a 'free' property list in Emacs Lisp (not bound to
a symbol)

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
 (:key1 val1 :key2 val2 ... :keyN valN)
#+end_src

and will end up as a PicoLisp property list bound to a symbol (hopefully ;)

#+begin_src picolisp
 ((val1 . :key1) (val2 . :key2)  ...  (valN . :keyN))
#+end_src

So several symbols can have the same keys or even the same key/val pairs in
their property lists. Actually I want to use the whole plist to create an
object in one step with 'putl' as described in an earlier post, so there
should be no conflicts (?) ... but I'm not yet there, so I can't tell how it
works out.

--
cheers,
Thorsten